Translate

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Scale

Specks on the ocean

Arnold is a big guy. If I stood next to him he'd look even bigger. If he stood several paces behind me I'd appear more flattering in terms of size.

A picture taken of a kayaker up close doesn't show the scale of the environment we paddle in. This shot of a couple of paddlers on equal portions of water and rock captures the feel of how small we are when we are on the sea in our kayaks.

Its a big world we play in; treat it with respect.

3 comments:

  1. if I only could touch that water ;-P...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree tony. These pic of cliffs,caves just cannot be displayed without some kayaker or something to display the size. I've been in some crazy waves....that look so tiny in a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gio, the water does appear very appealing and is quite warm in spite of the cooler weather we have been having.

    Lee, the camera seems to flatten the waves in any picture. I don't know why that is. A boat is always a good addition to a scene.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete