Translate

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Getting soft?

Burrrr!

Fifth time at the pool last night this "off season" with every intention of getting there as much as I can for the rest of the pool sessions. I hesitated to go to the pool in the past because I thought I'd lose my cold acclimatization by doing so. I mean, I thought I'd go soft.

I was wrong. Now I wish I'd started going a few years ago. We only have a few weeks in the summer when extended immersion is not a problem. The pool is giving me a chance to ingrain the things I'm learning with an extended run in warm water and its paying off.

With some luck we'll have a paddle on Saturday with some snow in the forecast but I'm already looking forward to next Tuesday's pool date.

3 comments:

  1. I agree - practising a little and often really pays off when you are learning something new. I don't believe you can learn much in freezing water, so rather than re-learning your roll every summer I think its great to get in the pool in winter. Just think what amazing skills we'd have if we lived closer to the equator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it took a while but I'm a convert now Mackayak. Be great to live as close to the pool as you do!

    Stan, my eyes are awefully itchy today. I don't know what was in the pool water last night but it doesn't agree with me. Haven't had the problem before and I spent the same amount of time upside down.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete