Translate

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New hip pads

Snug as a bug in a rug

For the quality of kayak and the money I spent to buy it, the Nordkapp sure came with a crappy cockpit set-up. They provide an adjustable system that accepts foam (not supplied) to fair out the seat to the owners hip width which is what I did.

Last Wednesday after Malcolm and I were out to the Cape I could barley hobble when I got back to the put-in. One piece of foam I installed had slipped down and ended up under my butt. In the rocking sea it gradually caused my hip to seize up.

Foolishly, I had a perfectly good set of hip pads in my old Necky Looksha IV that hadn't been used in almost two years. I should have put them in right from the get-go but never took the time. I purchased them from our local kayak store, The Outfitters, and they are the cats meow. The zippered pouch holds the mini-cell foam wedges secure and comes with an assortment of wedge sizes to get just the right fit.

Now the boat just caresses my hips (it is after all a "she") and I'm as snug as a bug in a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment