Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ch...ch...changes

Imposing

A change is supposed to be as good as a rest.  Maybe.

My notebook crapped out  couple of days ago.  I said to myself "Oh no, I need a new notebook in order to blog".  So, off I went to buy your basic computer necessary to access the information highway.

The new notebook looked sleek and I was anxious to get it going.  That's when I realized a change is not always good.  I went from Windows XP to Windows 7.  As someone who grew up with DOS I was most comfortable directing operations myself.  Windows takes that away a little bit.  And, there are unexpected surprises like the computer now doesn't recognize the camera whereas the old one did.

Anyway, it will take a little while to get back up to speed and comfortable with the new operating system.  Then it will take on an air of familiarity.

Its a bit like kayaking too.  In order to grow paddle-wise, you need to get out of the comfort zone and try new challenging things.

No comments:

Post a Comment