Translate

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Paddling in the tropics

Tropical conditions

Its been three weeks since I was in my kayak. That's the longest dry spell in over three years.

I made the pool last night after missing the week before due to the winter storm closure. It felt as if all was well again with the world. It must have felt like that for 18 others too.

I'm not much company when I'm at the pool, socializing is low on my list. I'm all business and I think its fair to say I spend as much time upside down as I do above water.

Goofing around

Some people have all their skills down so they have the luxury of goofing around.

An hour and a half of pool time and its off to the showers before racking the boats again in the cool winter temperatures. Heading home there's not much traffic at 11:00ish and what traffic there is must wonder what a guy is doing with a kayak on his car at that hour and in winter.

I would say its just a guy getting his fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment