Translate

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Top 10 paddles of 2011 - #10

A cold day in February

The first paddle on my countdown of top 10 paddles was a solo paddle on February 12. Gerard and I were going to have a paddle from St. Philips to Portugal Cove but he didn't show up so after some debate I set off by myself.

It was -12C and with the wind chill it was -20. I had to navigate through the ice pans in the harbour to get out into the open sea. There was a fair bit of chop but manageable so I pointed my bow north and got into a rhythm.

The cold and conditions posed some risk but I felt comfortable and exhilarated. It was a short paddle of an hour and a half but because of the circumstances I had to put this one on my list.

Unfortunately, the camera didn't function well in the cold once I got underway so I had few pictures to share. Here's the original post.

2 comments:

  1. tony I wish you merry xmas and gorgeous paddle strokes for the incoming new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the same to you Gio. Happy hiking and whatever else you do. And, may your football club win the scudeto!

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete