Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

Gambled and lost

A good day in the boat

This weekend I gambled and lost.

Saturday was a beautiful day for a paddle. Sunday was going to be wet and somewhat windy.

Chores called. I've been ignoring (to paddle) them for too long and now they've caught up with me. I opted to continue painting the fence and have a short paddle on Sunday.

Sunday the weather had a surprise for me. Wet yes but windy - gusts to 100 kms. I stayed on shore. I regretted not being able to paddle ... I may have a problem ... is there a Paddlers Anonymous?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's good to step back from paddling for a while (even if it is a forced break) so you can appreciate it even more when you get back at it...

    BTW there are no 'Paddlers Anonymous' groups or meetings... mainly because no one would go; I think we are all fully content with our paddling addiction.... "my name is Dean, and I am a kayakoholic..." Yee haw, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya Dean, I've had to get real and face up to the fact I have things to take care of here and not just paddle. Going to Topsail Pond today though for more off side practice.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete