Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is there bad weather?


This weekend past Dean and I were out for  paddle in -8C weather with the wind chill minus, minus.  We were dressed for it but even so there are small things we did to make it quite comfortable.

A friend recently told me about a conversation he had with a person working here, originally from Norway.  When asked how he felt about the weather he replied "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing."  Very insightful I thought and so true.  Regardless of the weather we can always dress for it, be it cold, wet or whatever.

4 comments:

  1. We have the same saying in Austria... Very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two things to cover weather wise: footwear for dry feet when in camp and a cag to stay dry. I think if I cover these two I'll be much more oomfortable in wet weather.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the right clothing is needed for sure... but you got to have some knowledge and common sense too, and as we were reminded last night at the seminar, a bit of luck is always handy too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit of good luck is indeed very important, especially when we make bad decisions.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete