Translate

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The case of the vanashing paddlers

Some of the buckos on Sunday

2011 was a tough year on some paddlers. Tough in the sense, they didn't paddle as much as they had in the past.

There's:

Derrick - he bought a sailboat and got himself tied up with that.

Neil - he's gotten into diving.

Malcolm - he's also bought a sailboat but says he's still committed to seakayaking.

Stan - he's gotten into photography. I thought I'd see him on Sunday at Bay Bulls but must have gotten distracted. Probably not a bad decision after all we went through.

Time is short and hardly time to do everything. Nevertheless, I hope I'll see them on the water more in 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Might as well add me to the list:

    Brian - wife had a baby. Total times on the water in 2011 = 9, total distance 99kms. Thats one third of what I did in 2010. But I'll be back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brian, I’ll be hitting the water soon too. I’ve been making all kinds of pretty stupid reasons but man when I see your posts Tony I miss the paddle with the guys and that coffee afterwards. Time to get this old arse in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, life for sure changes when you start to raise a family but I'm sure you'll get a bit more paddling in as things settle down.

    I'm sure we'll see you on the water again soon Stan when things fall into place. Like I said, there's hardly time for everything.

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete