Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

Port aux Basques to St. John's

Watery highway

Newfoundland is an island. If one arrives by ferry from North Sidney, the ferry lands at Port aux Basques. St. John's is at the other end of the highway 905 kms away. Its a long drive in one go.

Saturday Dean and I did a 17 km paddle in Conception Bay. When I added that total to the total for the year so far it came out to 908. Wow I thought. This year I've paddled a distance equivalent to the drive across the island. Good thing I did it on water because doing it on the highway would have been hard on the gelcoat.

2 comments:

  1. with 10 days in the year left if you just paddle 10 kms each day you can boast you paddled 1000!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that will be a goal for next year!

    ReplyDelete