Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Round and round it goes


Today it was windy.  Ten of us met at St. Philips for a bounce in the waves.  The wind was blowing at about 20 knots and gusting to 30 from the SW.  Inside the south point of the cove it was calm.

I had my GoPro and shot some video of the action but in the interest of getting some pix up I decided to extract some stills until I can get the video edited.



But as we passed the point we were face and eyes into the wind and breaking waves.


The waves were especially entertaining along the shore.


The procedure for the morning was to paddle out past the point into the waves and then catch some surf rides back into the cove.


We spent two hours going round and round and decided to call it quits as the wind gusts reached 35 knots.  Back on the slipway I checked my GPS which registered 11 kms.

Nine of us finished the day and eight of us hit the restaurant for hot drinks and a chat about the day.

I'll get the video edited in a few days and post the director's cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment